Are you ready for the 2020 Election?
Here are some resources to help you feel confident about your vote.
STEP 1: Register & Make Your Voting Plan
- Make sure you are registered to vote here.
- Find out all of your options for submitting your ballot this year here.
STEP 2: Get Informed About What's On the Ballot
- Watch local candidate forums on our YouTube Channel, or by going to the bottom of our News & Media Page
- Download and read the League of Women Voter's Easy Voter Guide for unbiased education on what will be on the California ballot this year.
- Watch this California Proposition Overview and Pro & Con video (one hour, fifteen minutes) of League members providing an overview of each of the propositions on this year's ballot, along with the pros and cons.
- Check out Voter’s Edge, the nonpartisan interactive tool created by the League of Women Voters, which allows you to compare candidates, learn more about propositions, and plan your vote.
- Eureka Voters: Learn more about Ranked Choice Voting (Measure C on this year's ballot) by watching this video.
STEP 3: Vote! Help Make Democracy Work!
- Submit your ballot by mail, bring it to a Voter Assistance Center or Drop Off Location, or Vote In Person
- If you choose to mail your ballot, you can track it by signing up for Where's My Ballot, which lets voters know where their ballot is, and its status, every step of the way.
- Sign up to get notifications from the Humboldt County Elections Office here.
CELEBRATE THE VOTE
The parade, originally scheduled for August 22, 2020, has been re-scheduled for
August 14, 2021.
The August 14, 2021, parade will celebrate the
END OF THE 100th YEAR OF WOMEN’S SUFFRAGE.
Please save the date!
More information will be forthcoming next year.
Celebrate the Vote Committee